Education and Cultural Programs
Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (TEA)
The Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (TEA) provides international teachers with unique opportunities to develop expertise in their subject areas, enhance their teaching skills and increase their knowledge about the United States. TEA consists of a six‐week non‐degree, non‐credit customized academic program including seminars on new teaching methodologies, curriculum development, lesson planning, and instructional technology. Participants will also
participate in a practicum in a U.S. secondary school near the host university to work closely with U.S. teachers and teach and present to U.S. students. Cultural enrichment, mentoring, and support will be provided throughout the program.
The international participants will travel to the United States in two cohorts of 88‐90 teachers each in spring or fall 2013 for fall 2015. Upon returning home, TEA program alumni are eligible to apply for small grants for essential teaching materials, follow‐on training for other teachers, collaborative projects between schools in their home country and the United States, and other activities that build on their U.S. experience.
The TEA fellowship is fully funded and provides:
- J‐1 visa support;
- A pre‐departure orientation held in participant’s home country;
- Round‐trip airfare to and within the U.S
- A Welcome Orientation in Washington, D.C.;
- Academic program fees;
- Housing (generally shared with other program fellows) and meals;
- Accident and sickness medical insurance coverage;
- Transportation to the teaching practicum school (if necessary);
- A daily allowance for meals and incidentals during the academic program;
- A book/professional development allowance;
- A baggage/shipping allowance (domestic and international)
- A Closing Workshop in Washington, D.C.; and
- The opportunity to apply for alumni small grants.
Application Deadline: February, 28, 2014 17:00
To Apply: Applications for the Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program can be obtained and submitted by contacting:
Rakhymzhan Koshkarbayev Avenue, No. 3.
Astana, 010010 Tel: 77172702316;
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.