U.S. Citizen Services
The U.S. Mission Kazakhstan wishes to advise American citizens that starting on August 28, 2012 the U.S. Embassy in Astana and the U.S. Consulate General in Almaty will no longer provide certified copies of passports free of charge. The cost of this service is now $50. Those requesting this service may continue to schedule an appointment on our web-site as Notarial Service.
The American Citizen Services (ACS) unit of the Consular section provides information and assistance to U.S. citizens in Kazakhstan. Refer to the menu on the left for information about the services provided.
Please make an Appointment before you visit the Consular Section.
In the case of a life or death emergency involving a U.S. citizen call (8-727) 250-4901 (011-7-727-250-4901 from the U.S.) during business hours. After hours or on weekends, call (8-7172) 70-2200 (011-7-7172-70-2200 from the U.S.) and ask for the duty officer.
The U.S. Embassy Consular Section in Astana, Kazakhstan is located at:
Ak Bulak 4
Street 23-22, Building 3
Entrance from Manas Street
Astana, Kazakhstan 010010
The U.S. Consulate General Almaty, Kazakhstan is located at:
Samal-2, 97 Zholdasbekov St
Almaty, Kazakhstan 050059
(Use entrance A2 into the building and you will be escorted to the Consular section.)
International Parental Child Abduction
To find information about international child abduction and the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction, please visit Department of State website.
American Citizen Service hours
Routine citizen services, including passport, birth registration, and notarial services, are performed:
- In Astana on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2-4pm.
- In Almaty on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 1-4 pm.
- Closed on American and Kazakhstani holidays.
Please, make an appointment before you visit the Consular Section in:
Current Fees include:
- typical adult passport renewal: $110
- passport for children under 16: $105
- first-time adult passport or replacement for lost/stolen U.S. passport: $135
- notary service per seal: $50
- extra passport pages: $82
- I-130 petition for an immediate relative: $420
As of April 14, 2014 credit card payments in the Consular Section are temporarily suspended. Until further notice, all consular fees must only be paid in U.S. dollars. Due to banking system regulations in Kazakhstan, the Consular Section cannot accept dollar bills older than 2006, worn out bills or bills that have marks, tears, or other defects.
You can pay fees in U.S. dollars or by credit card
- DS-82 - Regular Passport Renewal
- DS-11 - Minor's Passport, Lost/Stolen Passport, First Adult Passport
- DS-4085 - Additional Visa Pages
- DS-5504 - Name Change, Data Correction, Limited Passport Replacement
- DS-3053 - Statement of Consent
- DS-64 - Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport
- Statement for Second Passport (PDF, 90K)
- Affidavit of Parentage and Physical Presence (PDF 80K)
- Registration and Absentee Ballot Request (FPCA) (PDF 82K)
- Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB) (PDF 140K)
- SS-5-FS - Application for a Social Security Card (PDF 56K)
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.