U.S. Citizen Services
The Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our passport/visa system. This issue is worldwide and is not specific to any particular country, citizenship document, or visa category. We apologize to applicants who are experiencing delays or are unable to obtain a passport, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or visa at this time. We are working urgently to correct the problem and expect our system to be fully operational again soon.
The U.S. Mission Kazakhstan wishes to advise American citizens that starting on August 28, 2012 the U.S. Embassy in Astana and the U.S. Consulate General in Almaty will no longer provide certified copies of passports free of charge. The cost of this service is now $50. Those requesting this service may continue to schedule an appointment on our web-site as Notarial Service.
The American Citizen Services (ACS) unit of the Consular section provides information and assistance to U.S. citizens in Kazakhstan. Refer to the menu on the left for information about the services provided.
Please make an Appointment before you visit the Consular Section.
In the case of a life or death emergency involving a U.S. citizen call (8-727) 250-4901 (011-7-727-250-4901 from the U.S.) during business hours. After hours or on weekends, call (8-7172) 70-2200 (011-7-7172-70-2200 from the U.S.) and ask for the duty officer.
The U.S. Embassy Consular Section in Astana, Kazakhstan is located at:
Ak Bulak 4
Street 23-22, Building 3
Entrance from Manas Street
Astana, Kazakhstan 010010
The U.S. Consulate General Almaty, Kazakhstan is located at:
Samal-2, 97 Zholdasbekov St
Almaty, Kazakhstan 050059
(Use entrance A2 into the building and you will be escorted to the Consular section.)
International Parental Child Abduction
To find information about international child abduction and the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction, please visit Department of State website.
American Citizen Service hours
Routine citizen services, including passport, birth registration, and notarial services, are performed:
- In Astana on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2-4pm.
- In Almaty on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 1-4 pm.
- Closed on American and Kazakhstani holidays.
Please, make an appointment before you visit the Consular Section in:
Current Fees include:
- typical adult passport renewal: $110
- passport for children under 16: $105
- first-time adult passport or replacement for lost/stolen U.S. passport: $135
- notary service per seal: $50
- extra passport pages: $82
- I-130 petition for an immediate relative: $420
You can pay fees in U.S. dollars or by credit card
- DS-82 - Regular Passport Renewal
- DS-11 - Minor's Passport, Lost/Stolen Passport, First Adult Passport
- DS-4085 - Additional Visa Pages
- DS-5504 - Name Change, Data Correction, Limited Passport Replacement
- DS-3053 - Statement of Consent
- DS-64 - Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport
- Statement for Second Passport (PDF, 90K)
- Affidavit of Parentage and Physical Presence (PDF 80K)
- Registration and Absentee Ballot Request (FPCA) (PDF 82K)
- Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB) (PDF 140K)
- SS-5-FS - Application for a Social Security Card (PDF 56K)
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.