Alumni Outreach and Programs
Alumni Grants Program - U.S. Embassy Kazakhstan
The United States Embassy Public Affairs Section accepts applications to its Alumni Grants Program. The purposes of this program are to provide alumni with networking opportunities, to further the professional development of alumni and their colleagues, and to assist them in the implementation and dissemination of the concepts that they explored during their exchange programs.
Awards may be used for the following:
- to initiate a public or community service program;
- to support alumni association projects and events;
- to organize training programs or conferences for professional colleagues and/or other alumni;
- to support existing alumni centers, or start-up costs for alumni associations;
- to support alumni networking events focusing on building leadership skills, mentoring programs, or professional development;
- to support alumni travel grants for results-oriented conferences within the region; support of maximum, or up to 50% of international travel costs for alumni traveling for conferences in the United States (transportation and accommodation only);
- to develop and publish textbooks, brochures, pamphlets, or related reference or educational materials on topics that further USG assistance goals and that show clear results and tangibility;
- to conduct other projects that support democratic and economic reform initiatives.
ELIGIBILITY: Only alumni of U.S. Government-sponsored exchange programs are eligible to apply for this program. Considering limited funds and to ensure wider coverage of alumni, three-year rule of non-eligibility is applied to all previous grantees.
All grantees will be strongly encouraged to use the State Alumni website to share their project results with the broader alumni community.
AMOUNT: $3,000 for individuals and $5,000 for alumni organizations. If you receive funding, you will be required to submit a detailed program and financial report on the outcomes of the project.
DEADLINE: Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis
WHERE TO SUBMIT:
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.